Pickled Mango Hibiscus Sake Cooler
- ¾ bottle of Shaka Tea Mango Hibiscus
- 1 cup sake (filtered or unfiltered)
- ½ cup lime juice
- dash of pickled mango juice**
- pickled mango (garnish)**
- lime wedge (garnish)
- ice cubes
- 8 cups green mango, peeled and sliced
- 8 li hing mui
- 1 tbsp li hing mui powder
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups monk fruit sugar
- ¼ cup Hawaiian sea salt
Add ice cubes, stir completely.
Top with dash of pickled mango juice
Garnish with pickled mango and lime wedge
- Cut green mangoes in ½” strips (ripe mangoes cannot be pickled) and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in the li hing mui and li hing powder to coat the mangoes evenly.
- In a saucepan, combine rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, Hawaiian salt, and monk fruit sugar. Bring to a boil and stir until the salt and mol fruit sugar are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Pour vinegar solution over the mangoes and transfer to glass jars.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.