Save the sugar for your sweetie [or for that glass of champagne you'll enjoy with your best mates] and whip up a batch of vegan donuts with a cocoa and beetroot twist.
Brightened with our awakening Sunrise blend, these sweet treats will have you raising two shakas up and giving cupid the week off!
Sunrise Beetroot Coco-Donuts
RECIPE BY: SHAKA TEA TEAM MEMBER, SHAYNEE SCOTT
Serving size: 10
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp. Shaka Tea Sunrise, brewed
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp beet root powder
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup monk fruit sugar
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. monk fruit powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Shaka Tea Sunrise, brewed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients together starting with blanched almond flour, monk fruit sugar, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix applesauce and beet root powder.
- Add eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed.
- Slowly add in dry mixture to wet ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add Shaka Tea Sunrise and mix.
- Scoop mixture into piping bag or Ziploc bag. Snip the tip of the Ziploc bag to create a custom piping bag.
- Oil donut pan with canola or vegetable oil.
- Pipe mixture into donut pan without overflowing the donut mold.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While donuts are in the oven, prepare the icing.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Shaka Tea Sunrise, monk fruit powdered sugar, and coconut oil.
- Mix until well combined.
- Adjust to desired consistency by adding powdered sugar for a thicker result or Shaka Tea Sunrise for a thinner consistency.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before removal.
- Ice with Shaka Tea Sunrise icing and enjoy!