Brought to Hawai`i by early Polynesian settlers in voyaging canoes, ʻōlena is best known throughout the world as Turmeric. A member of the ginger family, ʻōlena is rarely found in Hawai`i today but can be grown both in cultivation or in the wild - in moist forested valleys, up to altitudes of 3000 feet.
Melding together this fragrant root with our awakening Sunrise tea for a golden tea latte, Fall just got a cozy remix and we're ready for sweater weather.
- 1 Sunrise tea sachet
- 1 1” nub of fresh turmeric, grated
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- Drizzle of coconut oil
- Monk fruit sugar to taste
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add 1 Sunrise tea sachet. Let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients. Mix with mini hand blender, if available
- Sip and enjoy the sunrise!