Feet up with a glass of tea lemonade in hand, who’s in?! Change the mood of the day with an ice-cold serving of color-changing Blue Magic Tea Lemonade. Impress the senses as the juice of a fresh lemon activates the butterfly pea flower of the tea. Topped off with edible flower ice cubes and an herbal note of rosemary, this afternoon classic can easily transition to cocktail hour by adding your favorite spirit of choice.
Blue Magic Tea Lemonade
RECIPE BY: SHAKA TEA TEAM MEMBER, SHAYNEE SCOTT
Serving size: 6 cups
- 3 Shaka Tea Blue Magic tea bags
- ½ cup monk fruit sugar
- 1 lemon, cut and squeezed
- Edible flowers
- Round ice cube molds
- Sprigs of rosemary for garnish (optional)
- In a serving pitcher, steep 3 Blue Magic tea bags in room temperature water overnight (or steep in hot water and let cool completely before pouring into pitcher).
- For the ice cubes, add edible flowers and water to molds. Freeze overnight.
- Add ½ cup of monk fruit sugar to the brewed Blue Magic and stir.
- Cut and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the Blue Magic mixture. Adjust taste by adding more lemon juice to your desired tartness or more monk fruit sugar for a sweeter batch.
- Add prepared ice cubes.
- Top with extra edible flowers and rosemary sprigs for an enhanced herbal note. Serve and enjoy!