Digital Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist
Posted on March 17, 2021
The Digital Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist joins the growing team of Shaka Tea, to build community outreach, drive brand presence, and execute on the digital forward-facing identity of Shaka Tea. This role will contribute to the creation of digital content while ensuring that the brand ethos is represented authentically as a Hawai’i based lifestyle company rooted in sustainable agriculture within the national CPG space.
The Digital Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist will report to the Director of Marketing and collaborate closely on national marketing initiatives to support digital communications of telling the brand story across social media platforms. This role will oversee all digital engagement across multiple social platforms to drive reach, user engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior within both the Hawai’i market and on national levels. These initiatives are curated within the overall marketing strategy as defined by the Director of Marketing.
This individual is adept in all facets relating to social media, content creation, brand consistency, influencer marketing, analytics, driving growth, and market forecasting. Integral to this role is a high proficiency in digital graphic design, copywriting, vendor management, community relations, and production experience with high quality photo shoots.
Experience in the food & beverage industry is not a requirement but this role calls for an individual with the initiative to immerse themselves in the advancement of self-education for the further success of brand development. The Digital Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist will be responsible for and measured by a proven track record of continued growth.
Representing Shaka Tea across digital platforms requires a balance of multi-faceted storytelling, advocacy, and cultural awareness. As a Hawai’i based brand, it is intrical this role has a connection to the Hawaiian Islands and a deeper understanding of how to communicate the core brand values effectively alongside modern sales tools. Working remotely, the Digital Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist role is open to applicants nationwide who possess this duality.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To be further defined in an ongoing manner collaboratively with the Director of Marketing, role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain all social media platforms with an emphasis on Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook.
- Execute on-going daily engagement across social media platforms inclusive of community engagement, customer service inquiries, and UGC tracking.
- Manage monthly content calendar inclusive of grid curation, scheduling posts, copywriting, and cross promotional brand partnerships.
- Drive growth and retention in digital engagement through Facebook Ad Manager.
- Identify and engage with community partners locally and nationally.
- Identify brand ambassadors and key social media influencers to support brand awareness and drive geo-targeted sales.
- Execute logistical assistance on rich content for online marketing with contract support when applicable.
- Edit content for social posts, blog entries, email marketing, and external press communications as needed.
- Support the Director of Marketing with graphic design and video editing inclusive of IG Reels, TikTok, sales tools, digital banners and ads.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with social media copywriting and digital community management.
- Proven success of growing social media channel followers, reach and engagement.
- Experience with influencer marketing and generating consumer engagement.
- Proficiency in optimizing and delivering on meaningful social media metrics, tracking and online analytics.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Illustrator, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Shopify and e-marketing newsletter platforms.
- Possess the ability to pivot and adapt.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
- Possess a forward-thinking creative skill set backed by market research, yet not defined by industry norms.
The responsibilities associated with this job will pivot with Shaka Tea’s business needs. More specifically, this role may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Upon review of qualifications, applicants who advance beyond the first round of interviews will be tasked with a series of skill assessment projects focusing on graphic and digital capabilities. The value of each applicant’s creative output in the skills assessment phase will be compensated with a flat rate fee for time garnered. Applicants will be assessed on copywriting, art direction, brand comprehension, and the ability to execute directives.